Prerequisite Questions asked before enrolling into the CBD College TAE40116
If you were undertaking a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and began with no knowledge or skills relating to the qualification, it would take 600-2400 hours to undergo training and for you to in turn demonstrate that you have learnt those knowledge and skills by successfully completing assessment tasks.
Our experience has led us to believe that many candidates possess skills and knowledge that enables them to undertake an integrated course where training time can be reduced. This means focusing predominantly on knowledge and skills that you may not already have - but need to have - if you are going to be delivering nationally recognised training in a registered training organisation.
To gather information on how long it is likely to take you to complete Certificate IV in TAE with CBD College, please answer the following question(s):
- Have you worked with units of competency before in a training and assessing environment?
- If you answered yes to this question, you are likely to need to spend less time on training and preparing to complete your assessments. You will need to attend the 10 face to face days of our course and then work through the assessment file at your own pace. You can expect to complete your qualification in less than the average student.
- If you answered no, please ensure that you answer all of the questions below in Part B.
- Have you ever made a ‘presentation’ of some sort in a work, school, TAFE, university, church, sporting or other group environment? This may not necessarily have been a formal ‘presentation’ but some sort of conveyance of information or idea in a structured sense?
- If you have, did you plan what you were going to say beforehand?
- Did you use anything to support your presentation eg visual aids to help convey your message?
- Did you get feedback on the presentation or reflect on afterwards?
- Do you think you would be able to ascertain a special needs candidate in the classroom, learning or work environment?
- Would you be able to think about effective ways to deal with inappropriate behaviour in a classroom?
- If you were training in a work or classroom environment, would you be able to ascertain any risks involved in the training and be able to formulate a plan to reduce or mitigate those risks?
- Have you ever shown someone at school or at work how to do a particular task?
- Have you ever documented a simple procedure to help train or instruct another? (This may not necessarily to have been in a formal training or work environment).
- Have you ever dealt with people from different cultures and if so, would you be able to think about ways that you could alter the way you train and assess to accommodate these differences?
- Do you have broad industry knowledge and experience relating to training and assessment?
If you have answered yes to all questions, you can expect to complete the qualification more quickly than the average learner.
If you have answered no to any of the questions, you should expect to need to attend a number of our Self-Paced Training Days (these are held on Day 10 of our course and you are welcome to attend as many of these days as you would like whilst enrolled with us). You will also need to expect to complete our self-paced learning activities and suggested research. The volume of learning you should expect to complete will be within the suggested range for a Certificate IV qualification (6-12 months).