TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
Two Day Workshop (currently via a virtual classroom using Zoom) + minimal work to complete afterwards
TAEASS502 - Melbourne Enrolment
Click here to reserve your spot for this course.
Choose a course and date to enrol online now or call our course advisor on 1300 616 218 for more details.
Design and Develop Assessment Tools
Please click the other tabs above for details.
- Courses are currently being run via remote or distance learning using the video conferencing platform, Zoom. Our remote course is run in a similar way to our classroom-based course. Each day is led by one of our experienced trainers. Just like in our face to face class, learners are supported throughout the day by their trainer, there are plenty of learning activities and interaction between learners as well as time to work on assessments. The main difference is you and your classmates will be in a virtual classroom.
- Blended learning approach including pre-course online learning, workshops and access to help days.
- Learn when it is convenient for you and progress through assessments at your own pace.
- Trained and assessed by TAE experts.
- Assessment are fully explained and started during the workshops.
- Statement of Attainment issued promptly after successful completion of assessments.
- Walk away from the 2-day workshop with a clear completion pathway.
Our TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools course has been designed for current trainers and assessors who already hold TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and who do not hold this unit. It applies to those who develop and/or deliver assessments (formative, summative and RPL).
The course has been designed using a contemporary and blended learning approach. It incorporates, online pre-learning, teacher facilitation, peer to peer learning, reflection and self-paced learning. The face to face workshop is engaging, informative and will help consolidate key learning concepts. Students will kick start assessment activities during the workshop and leave with a clear completion pathway. Our intuitive assessments are based on realistic training scenarios and will be relevant to anyone working or planning on working in a training and assessment setting. Face to face (currently zoom) post workshop help days are available for students that require revision, consolidation of assessment design concepts and or further learning guidance.
On successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools Statement of Attainment.
We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 91399).
|Unit of Competency:||TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools|
|Delivery Mode:||Online pre-learning, two day face to face workshops (via zoom), help days, self-paced post workshop assessment tasks|
|Course Duration:||wo day workshop (consecutive business days): 10am – 6pm AEST (8am-4pm Perth time).|
The CBD College entry requirement for our TAEASS502 course is that you hold the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. You will need to have basic computer skills and be able to use Microsoft Word. It is assumed that participants have an appropriate level of literacy.
An internet-enabled laptop or desktop computer with Microsoft Office installed is essential for this course (Microsoft Office 2007 or later version for PC, Office 2010 version for Mac). Stable internet connection is essential. Your computer will need to be enabled with a camera and microphone (most computers come with these in-built).
All assessment documents are written in Microsoft Word. You will need to be competent using this program.
The assessment methods to be used during this two-day workshop will be practical tasks, written questioning and review of documents.
You will need to bring to class the following:
- Laptop or desktop computer – internet enabled, Microsoft Word installed, video and micrepone enabled to facilitate your Zoom sessions
- Photo ID
- A pen and paper for taking notes
- There are underlying skill requirements of the TAE Training and Education Training Package.
- Candidates are advised that they will need to possess effective language, communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to write a range of documentation.
- Candidates will also be expected to read and interpret training packages, develop training and assessment materials, present information, use technology and prepare various documents. Furthermore, cognitive skills in planning, research, interpretation, analysis and synthesis form part of the skills requirements of many units.
- Candidates with special needs are advised to email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to booking so that reasonable adjustments to assessment can be contemplated.
- Where a student has an identified need for assistance with language, literacy or numeracy, CBD College’s trainers and assessors will endeavour to provide this assistance.
Issuance of Certificates
Once assessment tasks have been submitted, they will then be assessed. This can take up to 10 business days. Once you have been marked as competent in all assessment task requirements you will be notified via email. Your Statement of Attainment will be posted to you within 10 business days of receiving your completion email.
Kerry Couchman – Melbourne CBD
Kerry Couchman trains our Certificate IV in Training and Assessment courses in Melbourne. She has also been assessing this qualification for the last 5 years for CBD College. Her student feedback is amazing, describing her ability to explain topics clearly and being a fine example for students to follow when they are out training and assessing others.
Kerry is also a specialist first aid trainer. First Aid trainers with the qualifications, vocational experience and natural aptitude with students are hard to find, but Kerry possesses all of these things. She is a nurse of 17 years experience and has more recently worked for many years as a first aid trainer and area manager for St John Ambulance. She has also owned and operated her own restaurant.
Kerry has a passion for training and for helping others. Her professional interests include work health and safety and investigating alternative assessment methods for students with special needs.
Kerry holds the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. She also holds the Diploma of Vocational Education and Training qualification (TAE50111).
Dominique Ashton – Melbourne CBD
Dominique’s work experience is varied and has included hospitality, management and training. She has over 12 years’ experience training in both the public and private VET sector across different contexts.
Whilst training several qualifications at Swinburne University-TAFE in Melbourne, Dominique brought her well honed management and business skills to the learning environment to maximise learning outcomes for her learners. Her experience has also included working for a private RTO as a senior trainer and in a Regional Manager’s role, managing multiple states. She has also worked in several International RTOs in management and coordination roles.
Now back where her passion lies, in a training role at CBD College, Dominique is a motivated trainer with excellent interpersonal skills which enables her to create a learning environment that is relaxed and engaging. She is committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for all learners completing their Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Natarsha Krug – Melbourne CBD
Her past positions in retail, recruitment and as a disability support worker have taken Natarsha all around the world however it was a desire to work within an adult learning environment that led Natarsha into the VET sector in 2007 when she joined the Technology Institute of Victoria (TIV).
Natarsha’s past roles as a Trainer and Assessor have enabled her to develop knowledge of Education and Training in the VET sector. Natarsha has trained and assessed courses at Certificate II, III, IV, Diploma levels and has also been responsible for developing curriculum for these courses. Natarsha has delivered customised courses in General Education for Adults, English & ESL, Microsoft Office package, Time Management, Customer Service and Workplace Skills, drawing on her experience in teaching English, Retail, Business, Leadership & Management, Trainer and Assessor and Store Management.
Natarsha started her full time employment with CBD College in early 2018 and has been an invaluable asset to the Melbourne team. She has shown a passion for teaching adults and classroom facilitation.
Her qualifications include: Diploma of Vocational Education and Training (TAE50111), Diploma of Training Design and Development (TAE50211), Certificate IV in Training and Education (TAE40110), Cambridge Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA). Natarsha is currently completing a Diploma of Counselling, (CHC51015) and a Bachelor of Adult Learning and Development. Other quals include a Cert IV in Leadership and Management (BSB42015) , Cert IV in Business (BSB40215) and a Cert IV in Business Administration (BSB40507).
Melbourne CBD :
Exact address: Shop 1, Bourke St Level (Ground Floor), The Paramount Retail Centre, 108 Bourke St, Melbourne, VIC 3000.