BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
5 Days Face to Face (currently via a virtual classroom using Zoom) + work to complete afterwards
Diploma WHS - Sydney Enrolment
Click here to reserve your seat/spot for this course.
Choose a course and date to enrol online now or call our course advisor on 1300 616 218 for more details.
Diploma of Work Health and Safety
Please click the other tabs above for details.
- Courses are currently being run via remote or distance learning using the video conferencing platform, Zoom. Our remote course is run in a similar way to our classroom-based course. Each day is led by one of our experienced trainers. Just like in our face to face class, learners are supported throughout the day by their trainer, there are plenty of learning activities and interaction between learners as well as time to work on assessments. The main difference is you and your classmates will be in a virtual classroom.
- After completion of the zoom sessions, we also offer follow-up skype and zoom tuition for those requiring revision, consolidation and one-on-one tuition. Whilst enrolled in our course, students can have access to these sessions by appointment with their trainer.
- Practical assessments completed via zoom where possible or through evidence-gathering, or, where students do not have access to workplaces, they can come into classrooms in Perth, Melbourne or Sydney to complete any practical components when we return to classroom-based classes.
- We use integrated assessments. This means less work for you.
- Our assessments have been created by us. We do not use "off-the-rack" assessments.
- Certificates are issued quickly after students are deemed as competent in the qualification.
- Please see the Requirements section before enrolling into this course.
We believe we have the best and most dedicated trainers in Australia.
Our BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety qualification aims to give students the underpinning knowledge required to manage WHS within the workplace.
This qualification is particularly suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the work health and safety (WHS) program in an organisation. It reflects the role of practitioners who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 91399).
|Qualification:||Diploma of Work Health and Safety|
|Delivery Mode:||mixed - face to face (virtual classroom via Zoom) and online|
Students are enrolled for 12 months.
Face to face component (virtual classroom via Zoom) is 5 consecutive business days, usually from Monday to Friday, 10am-6pm.
Delivery of most of the practical assessment activities are completed in the face to face component of the course. Other assessments not completed in class will need to be completed afterwards by students.
|Entry Requirements:||Core units Cert IV WHS|
30% Off Now
Diploma of Work Health and Safety (BSB51319) requires completion of 10 units of competency (5 core and 5 electives). BSB51319 has been packaged by CBD College to meet the packaging rules as follows:
5 Core Units:
5 Elective Units
You are only eligible to enrol into the CBD College Diploma of Work Health and Safety if you hold the core units of BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent competencies (ie predecessors of these units mapped as equivalent):
An original of the academic transcript listing the abovementioned Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety core units will be required to be shown to trainers on Day 1 of the course. Once we take copies and have them certified, we will pass you back the original.
Pathways From The Qualification
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake BSB60619 Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety.
You will need to complete your assessment work after the face-to-face component of the course. Feedback has suggested that average to excellent computer skills along with WHS experience can greatly lower the time spent on assessments.
An internet-enabled laptop or desktop computer with Microsoft Office installed is essential for this course (Microsoft Office 2007 or later version for PC, Office 2010 version for Mac). The programs Powerpoint and Excel are also highly recommended as there are Powerpoint presentations on your student portal which you can view and excel is demonstrated in class and is an excellent program for WHS managers to know how to use.
Stable internet connection is essential. Your computer will need to be enabled with a camera and microphone (most computers come with these in-built).
All assessment documents are written in Microsoft Word.
You will need to be competent using this program. It is essential that if you do not know how to use this program that you seek tuition before your course commences.
There are 5 integrated Assessments as part of the CBD College Diploma of Work Health and Safety. The assessment methods to be used during this program will be role plays, review of templates, reviews of project reports and written questioning based on scenarios.
- There are underlying skill requirements of the BSB Business Services Training Package units.
- Candidates are advised that they will need to possess effective language, communications and interpersonal skills and have the ability to write a range of documentation.
- Candidates will also be expected to read and interpret WHS legislation and statistics, develop and document WHS registers and action plans, present information, use technology and prepare various records and documents. Furthermore, cognitive skills in planning, research, interpretation, analysis and synthesis form part of the skills requirements of many units.
- Candidates with special needs are advised to email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to booking so that reasonable adjustments to training and assessment can be contemplated.
- Where a student has an identified need for assistance with language, literacy or numeracy, CBD College’s trainers and assessors will endeavour to provide this assistance directly.
You will need to bring to class the following: photo ID and a pen and paper for taking notes. All resource files can be found in your student portal. Neat, comfortable clothing is required to be worn.
You are also required to bring in your original academic transcript showing your prior attainment of the core Cert IV WHS units. Once we take copies and have them certified, we will pass candidates back the originals.
Access to the student portal is provided upon enrolment and we recommend that you read the resources and assessments found there at this point. You will be given access to an e-book in your resources which will be a great source of knowledge for you during your course and a great resource for you as you enter the WHS world.
Issuance of Certificates
You will need to submit your assessments and wait for them to be assessed. This can take up to 10 or so business days. Once you have been marked as competent in all assessment task requirements you will be notified via email. Your Certificate and Record of Transcript will be posted to you within 10 Business days of receiving your completion email.
Steve Barrett - Sydney CBD
Steve has spent his whole working career in occupational health and safety, starting at WorkCover New South Wales. He worked there for seven years before leaving for similar roles in private enterprise.
There is not much with regards to safety that Steve has not seen or been involved in, in his long career. Highlights include acting in the position of National OH&S Manager of a major Australian company, conducting countless training/auditing/site inspections, delivering general and site specific OH&S inductions in the field.
Steve finds great stimulation in training others and he enjoys the passing on of his years of knowledge of safety procedures and OHS legislation to future safety officers.
Steve holds a Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health and Safety. Steve also holds a Cert IV TAE.
Shane Hughes - Sydney CBD
Shane has spent in excess of 15 years in the Construction Industry and several years working for the City of Sydney. During this time he has been extensively involved in Work Health and Safety including the implementation of the organisation Work Health and Safety Management Systems (WHSMS), Audits, Accident Investigations, Hazard Identifications, Risk Assessment, Inductions and training of workers.
During Shane’s time at CBD College he has assessed over two and a half thousand Cert IV and Diploma students from New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia and other states.
Shane has extensive knowledge and passion for Work Health and Safety and aspires to convey this knowledge and passion to his students through his training sessions - whether delivering General Construction Induction Training, Cert IV or Diploma in WHS.
Shane holds a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise, Bachelor of Laws with Honours, Diploma in Work Health and Safety and a Cert IV TAE.
Sydney CBD :
Our training rooms in Sydney are located in the heart of the city across the road from the new Apple store on George St. If travelling by train, get off at Town Hall and walk down towards Circular Quay on George St for 2 blocks.
Exact address: Suite 1, Level 10, The Dymocks Building, 428 George St, Sydney, 2000.