BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
5 Days Face to Face + work to complete afterwards
Diploma WHS - Melbourne Enrolment
Book online to reserve your place for this course.
Please click the other tabs above for details.
- Each day is led by one of our experienced trainers. Learners are supported throughout the day by their trainer, there are plenty of learning activities and interaction between learners as well as time to work on assessments.
- After completion of the classroom sessions, we also offer follow-up skype and zoom tuition for those requiring revision, consolidation and one-on-one tuition. Whilst enrolled in our course, students can have access to these sessions by appointment with their trainer.
- Practical assessments are completed during our classroom-based classes.
- We use integrated assessments. This means less work for you.
- Our assessments have been created by us. We do not use "off-the-rack" assessments.
- Certificates are issued quickly after students are deemed as competent in the qualification.
- Please see the Requirements section before enrolling into this course.
We believe we have the best and most dedicated trainers in Australia.
Our BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety qualification aims to give students the underpinning knowledge required to manage WHS within the workplace.
This qualification is particularly suitable for people who coordinate and maintain the work health and safety (WHS) program in an organisation. It reflects the role of practitioners who apply a substantial knowledge base and well-developed skills in a wide variety of WHS contexts.
We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 91399).
|Qualification:||Diploma of Work Health and Safety|
|Delivery Mode:||mixed - face to face (virtual classroom via Zoom) and online|
Students are enrolled for 12 months.
Face to face component (virtual classroom via Zoom) is 5 consecutive business days, usually from Monday to Friday, 10am-6pm.
Delivery of most of the practical assessment activities are completed in the face to face component of the course. Other assessments not completed in class will need to be completed afterwards by students.
|Entry Requirements:||Core units Cert IV WHS|
30% Off Now
Diploma of Work Health and Safety (BSB51319) requires completion of 10 units of competency (5 core and 5 electives). BSB51319 has been packaged by CBD College to meet the packaging rules as follows:
5 Core Units:
5 Elective Units
You are only eligible to enrol into the CBD College Diploma of Work Health and Safety if you hold the core units of BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety or equivalent competencies (ie predecessors of these units mapped as equivalent):
An original of the academic transcript listing the abovementioned Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety core units will be required to be shown to trainers on Day 1 of the course. Once we take copies and have them certified, we will pass you back the original.
Pathways From The Qualification
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake BSB60619 Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety.
You will need to complete your assessment work after the face-to-face component of the course. Feedback has suggested that average to excellent computer skills along with WHS experience can greatly lower the time spent on assessments.
An internet-enabled laptop or desktop computer with Microsoft Office installed is essential for this course (Microsoft Office 2007 or later version for PC, Office 2010 version for Mac). The programs Powerpoint and Excel are also highly recommended as there are Powerpoint presentations on your student portal which you can view and excel is demonstrated in class and is an excellent program for WHS managers to know how to use.
Stable internet connection is essential. Your computer will need to be enabled with a camera and microphone (most computers come with these in-built).
All assessment documents are written in Microsoft Word.
You will need to be competent using this program. It is essential that if you do not know how to use this program that you seek tuition before your course commences.
There are 5 integrated Assessments as part of the CBD College Diploma of Work Health and Safety. The assessment methods to be used during this program will be role plays, review of templates, reviews of project reports and written questioning based on scenarios.
- There are underlying skill requirements of the BSB Business Services Training Package units.
- Candidates are advised that they will need to possess effective language, communications and interpersonal skills and have the ability to write a range of documentation.
- Candidates will also be expected to read and interpret WHS legislation and statistics, develop and document WHS registers and action plans, present information, use technology and prepare various records and documents. Furthermore, cognitive skills in planning, research, interpretation, analysis and synthesis form part of the skills requirements of many units.
- Candidates with special needs are advised to email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to booking so that reasonable adjustments to training and assessment can be contemplated.
- Where a student has an identified need for assistance with language, literacy or numeracy, CBD College’s trainers and assessors will endeavour to provide this assistance directly.
You will need to bring to class the following: photo ID and a pen and paper for taking notes. All resource files can be found in your student portal. Neat, comfortable clothing is required to be worn.
You are also required to bring in your original academic transcript showing your prior attainment of the core Cert IV WHS units. Once we take copies and have them certified, we will pass candidates back the originals.
Access to the student portal is provided upon enrolment and we recommend that you read the resources and assessments found there at this point. You will be given access to an e-book in your resources which will be a great source of knowledge for you during your course and a great resource for you as you enter the WHS world.
Issuance of Certificates
You will need to submit your assessments and wait for them to be assessed. This can take up to 10 or so business days. Once you have been marked as competent in all assessment task requirements you will be notified via email. Your Certificate and Record of Transcript will be posted to you within 10 Business days of receiving your completion email.
Ian Freeman - Melbourne CBD
Ian Freeman is the CBD College National WHS Training Manager and is a recognised OHS practitioner with the Australian Institute of Health and Safety (AIHS). He holds an Advanced Diploma in Work Health and Safety, an Advanced Diploma of Management, a Diploma of Hospitality Management and a Cert IV TAE.
Ian originally came from the hospitality industry where he spent many years as an OHS coordinator and Hospitality Manager. Since then, Ian has had extensive experience training Advanced Diploma, Diploma and Cert IV WHS as well as Diploma and Cert IV Hospitality management. This strong training background has seen him develop skills in mentoring students, designing and delivering off site training workshops and developing training and assessment material for Certificate III to Advanced Diploma level classes.
Ian is also the OHS Coordinator for our Melbourne campus and is responsible for completing safety audits, risk assessments and producing health, safety and wellbeing programs for internal and external stakeholders. He is also responsible for WHS resource development.
Melbourne CBD :
Exact address: Shop 1, Bourke St Level (Ground Floor), The Paramount Retail Centre, 108 Bourke St, Melbourne, VIC 3000.