BSB41419 Certificate IV in
Work Health and Safety
5 Days Face to Face + work to complete afterwards
Face to Face Cert IV WHS in Perth has resumed
CertIV WHS - Perth Enrolment
Book online to reserve your place for this course.
Please click the other tabs above for details.
- Learners are supported throughout the 5 days by their trainer, there are plenty of learning activities and interaction between learners as well as time to work on assessments.
- After completion of the face to face sessions, we also offer follow-up skype and zoom tuition for those requiring revision, consolidation and one-on-one tuition. Whilst enrolled in our course, students can have access to these sessions by appointment with their trainer.
- We use integrated assessments. This means less work for you.
- Our assessments have been created by us. We do not use "off-the-rack" assessments.
- Certificates are issued quickly after students are deemed as competent in the qualification.
We believe we have the best and most dedicated trainers in Australia.
Our BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety qualification aims to give students the underpinning knowledge required to assist in managing WHS within the workplace.
This qualification is particularly suitable for people working in a work health and safety (WHS) role that may or may not work under supervision. They may provide leadership and guidance to others and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
|Delivery Mode:||face to face|
Students are enrolled for 12 months.
Face to face component is 5 consecutive business days, usually from Monday to Friday.
Delivery of most of the practical assessment activities are completed in the face to face component of the course. Other assessments not completed in class will need to be completed afterwards by students.
|Qualification:||Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety|
Book Cert IV WHS and Diploma at the same time for: $3299 - Call us to book. 1300 616 218
Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety (BSB41419) requires completion of 10 units of competency (5 core units and 5 electives). BSB41419 has been packaged by CBD College to meet the packaging rules as follows:
5 Core Units chosen from the WHS units:
|BSBWHS412||Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws|
|BSBWHS413||Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes|
|BSBWHS414||Contribute to WHS risk management|
|BSBWHS415||Contribute to implementing WHS management systems|
|BSBWHS416||Contribute to workplace incident response|
5 Elective Units
|BSBWHS431||Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace|
|BSBRES411||Analyse and present research information|
|BSBWRT401||Write complex documents|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements|
|BSBWHS515||Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents|
There are no formal entry requirements for BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety. You will need to have a laptop computer, have good computer skills and be able to use Microsoft Word to complete the assessments. It is assumed that participants have an appropriate level of literacy.
Pathways from the Qualification
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety.
You will need to complete your assessment work after the face-to-face component of the course. Feedback has suggested that average to excellent computer skills along with WHS experience can greatly lower the time spent on assessments.
An internet-enabled laptop or desktop computer with Microsoft Office installed is essential for this course (Microsoft Office 2007 or later version for PC, Office 2010 version for Mac). Stable internet connection is essential. Your computer will need to be enabled with a camera and microphone (most computers come with these in-built).
All assessment documents are written in Microsoft Word.
You will need to be competent using this program. It is essential that if you do not know how to use this program that you seek tuition before your course commences.
Assessments RequirementsThere are 5 integrated Assessments as part of the CBD College Cert IV in Work Health and Safety. The assessment methods to be used during this program will be role plays, review of templates, reviews of project reports and written questioning based on scenarios.
- There are underlying skill requirements of the BSB Business Services Training Package units.
- Candidates are advised that they will need to possess effective language, communications and interpersonal skills and have the ability to write a range of documentation.
- Candidates will also be expected to read and interpret WHS legislation and statistics, develop and document WHS registers and action plans, present information, use technology and prepare various records and documents. Furthermore, cognitive skills in planning, research, interpretation, analysis and synthesis form part of the skills requirements of many units.
- Candidates with special needs are advised to email email@example.com prior to booking so that reasonable adjustments to training and assessment can be contemplated.
- Where a student has an identified need for assistance with language, literacy or numeracy, CBD College’s trainers and assessors will endeavour to provide this assistance directly.
You will need to bring to class the following: photo ID and a pen and paper for taking notes. All resource files can be found in your student portal. Neat, comfortable clothing is required to be worn.
Access to the student portal is provided immediately upon enrolment and we recommend that you read the resources and assessments found there at this point.
Issuance of Certificates
You will need to submit your assessments and wait for them to be assessed. This can take up to 10 or so business days. Once you have been marked as competent in all assessment task requirements you will be notified via email. Your Certificate and Record of Transcript will be posted to you within 10 business days of receiving your completion email.
Phillip Gal - Perth CBD
Phillip has a long history working in the resource sector and for emergency services across Australia. He began his career in NSW and obtained his trade qualification in fitting and turning for a large international mining company. After a decade of trade experience in the mining industry he began the development of his occupational health and safety career.
Phillip has worked as a firefighter with the NSW Fire Brigade and as a St John Ambulance volunteer in Port Hedland. In 1999 Phillip started working as an Emergency Services Officer / Industrial Medic and led response teams to manage emergencies within the mining industry, in remote parts of WA.
He began as a trainer in 2000 when he started teaching first aid for St John’s in Port Hedland. He added to his knowledge and experience and has enjoyed passing this on through training such as First Aid, Advanced First Aid and Advanced Resuscitation.
After leaving the mining industry Phillip has used his knowledge in safety and training as an Evacuation Consultant and contract safety adviser and trainer, assisting companies develop their Emergency Management plans to meet their requirements across WA. Phillip has been conducting WHS and First Aid training for CBD College for two years.
Original Cost: $2799
Book in this month special: $1150
Book Cert IV WHS and Diploma at the same time for: $2749
Exact address: Suite 5, Level 1, 150 Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA 6004.